Table of Contents
Key Features of Frigidaire FHPH142AC1 3-in-1 Heat/Cool Portable Room Air Conditioner
The Frigidaire Portable Room Air Conditioner is a versatile 3-in-1 Heat/Cool Portable Room Air Conditioner designed with unique features for optimal indoor comfort. One of its main strengths is its flexibility in offering two fan speeds and a dehumidifying Dry Mode that efficiently removes excess moisture from the air.
For year-round use, the Portable Room Air Conditioner has a supplemental heating function, providing warmth when needed. It also features a built-in air ionizer which helps reduce airborne particles, hence improving overall indoor air quality.
Measuring 31″ in height, 19 1/2″ in width, and 16 1/2″ in depth, this compact unit fits seamlessly in various room sizes. Despite its small size, it has a cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) and 10,000 BTU (DOE), with a heat pump capacity of 11,000 BTU. This makes it capable of adequately heating or cooling medium to large-sized rooms.
The Portable Room Air Conditioner boasts a combined energy efficiency ratio (EER) of 7.8 and can dehumidify at a rate of 5.1 pints per hour. Its operating temperature range is from 60°F to 90°F.
The unit’s electronic controls and remote control facilitate easy operation. It also has a 24-hour on/off timer, auto fan, auto restart, sleep mode, and continuous drain operation. Additionally, it offers three fan speeds for both cooling and heating, with swing louvers for controlling air direction.
This 82-lb air conditioner, using the eco-friendly R-32 refrigerant, operates at noise levels ranging from 49 dBA to 52 dBA. It features a dust air filter with a filter check indicator, making maintenance easy.
The Portable Room Air Conditioner is ETL listed for safety and comes with a 1-year warranty for labor and parts, ensuring customers receive quality support and service from Frigidaire.
|Type||3-in-1 Portable Room Air Conditioner|
|Cooling Capacity||14,000 BTU (ASHRAE), 10,000 BTU (DOE)|
|Heating Capacity||11,000 BTU Heat Pump|
|Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio||7.8|
|Dehumidification||5.1 pints per hour|
|Dimensions||31″ (H) x 19 1/2″ (W) x 16 1/2″ (D)|
|Operating Temperature Range||60°F to 90°F|
|Warranty||1 year (both labor and parts)|
|Voltage Requirement||115 V|
|Fan Speeds (cooling function)||3|
|Fan and Heat Pump RPM options||3|
|Noise Levels||49 dBA to 52 dBA|
|Additional Features||24-hour on/off timer, Auto Fan, Auto Restart, Clean Air Ionizer, Continuous Drain Operation, Dry Mode, Low Voltage Start-up, Sleep Mode|
|Filter Access Location||Back|
|Energy Star Certification||No|
The Frigidaire Portable Room Air Conditioner appears to deliver solid performance in day-to-day usage according to user reviews and tests. The air conditioner is frequently praised for its effectiveness in cooling rooms, particularly in situations where central air conditioning units struggle, such as during high outside temperatures exceeding 95°F. It is appreciated for maintaining cool temperatures and contributing to a comfortable sleeping environment, which testifies to its practical application.
However, some aspects of the product have drawn mixed responses. While some users don’t mind the noise level, comparing it to a large HEPA air cleaner on a high setting, others have found it to be an issue and suggest moving the unit further away in larger rooms to mitigate the noise. The unit’s ability to manage humidity also varies, with some users needing to manually drain it on very humid days, or even use it alongside a dehumidifier. This indicates that while the dehumidifying feature of the unit works, its effectiveness can depend on the local humidity levels.
The unit’s size and weight have been pointed out as drawbacks, with some users having issues with window compatibility, requiring additional accessories or modifications for proper installation. Additionally, there have been mixed responses to customer service, with some users expressing frustration with missing parts.
Despite these critiques, the Portable Room Air Conditioner has shown resilience under extreme heat and low voltage conditions, based on Consumer Reports’ Air Conditioners test program. The test program focuses on comfort, which measures the speed at which the unit cools a room of its designated size, and how well it reaches the set temperature, as well as brownout performance. The fact that the Frigidaire Portable Room Air Conditioner is included in this program indicates it has the capacity to perform effectively even under challenging conditions.
Overall, the Frigidaire Portable Room Air Conditioner seems to offer robust performance in day-to-day usage, with certain aspects like noise level and humidity management possibly requiring adjustments based on user preference and local climate conditions.
- Efficient Cooling: The unit is praised for its ability to cool rooms effectively, even supplementing central air conditioners during high outside temperatures.
- Resilience under Extreme Conditions: The FHPH142AC1 has demonstrated solid performance under extreme heat and low voltage conditions, indicating its durability and reliability.
- Ease of Setup and Operation: Some users have noted that the air conditioner is easy to set up and operate.
- Minimal Impact on Electricity Bills: Despite its powerful cooling capabilities, some users have reported a minimal increase in their electricity bills after using the unit.
- Multi-Speed Fan and Dehumidifier Mode: The product comes with a multi-speed fan and a dehumidifier mode, adding versatility to its functions.
- Noise Levels: Some users have highlighted that the unit can be quite noisy, which could be an issue for those who prefer quieter environments.
- Installation Issues: There have been complaints about difficulties in installation, with some users having issues with window compatibility and missing parts.
- Limited Cooling in Larger Spaces: While effective for smaller rooms, some users have pointed out that the unit struggles to cool larger spaces as claimed.
- Drainage and Humidity Management: Some users have mentioned the need for better drainage, and the unit’s ability to manage humidity seems to vary depending on local conditions.
- Size and Weight: The unit’s size and weight have been mentioned as potential drawbacks, making it less portable than expected.
The Frigidaire FHPH142AC1 is a powerful, versatile air conditioner designed to handle a variety of environments. User reviews and laboratory tests suggest that it excels in key areas such as comfort, cooling speed, and performance under challenging conditions.
Interestingly, the unit’s flexibility extends beyond basic air conditioning. Some users have found the FHPH142AC1 to be an effective supplement to a central air conditioner, particularly in rooms that receive heavy sunlight, even in climates as extreme as Texas’ summer heat. Similarly, the unit is praised for its performance in maintaining warmth in a well-insulated garage during colder months in Canada.
However, it’s important to highlight some potential challenges. Installation can be tricky, as the units are larger than some previous models, which may require unconventional vent installations. Additionally, while the noise level is comparable to a large HEPA air cleaner, it might be too loud for some users who prefer quieter operations.
Furthermore, reviews indicate that customer support may be an area of concern. Some users have reported delays and missing parts, causing frustration. Thus, potential customers might want to factor in these considerations when deciding whether this product is right for them.
In conclusion, the Frigidaire FHPH142AC1 stands out for its performance and versatility but does have some aspects that potential buyers need to consider. It’s a complex product with diverse features and use cases, and while it generally receives positive reviews, its noise levels, size, and customer support could be areas for improvement.
1. What is the Frigidaire FHPH142AC1 3-in-1 Heat/Cool Portable Room Air Conditioner?
The Frigidaire FHPH142AC1 is a 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner designed to keep homes cool and comfortable. It also offers supplemental heating capabilities.
2. What is its cooling and heating capacity?
The air conditioner provides a cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) and 10,000 BTU (DOE).
3. Does Frigidaire offer similar models with different features?
Yes, Frigidaire also offers a 3-in-1 Connected Portable Room Air Conditioner that provides cooling flexibility and can be managed remotely.
4. Where can I find more information or support for this product?
For detailed information, product manuals, and support, you can visit the Frigidaire official website or their dedicated product support page.